Friday, June 19, 2009

the verdict is in. . .

Soooooo.............. the bread is..........................

a keeper.

Now, let me say that I kinda made a couple mistakes. . . like I must have messed up the water to flour ratio a little bit, cause I added in 3 extra tablespoons of millet flour to get it not so 'runny'. And I didn't realize how fast it would rise. I mixed it up in the bread machine, then put it in a greased loaf pan outside to rise. I decided to see how it was coming about 30 minutes later. It was just starting to spill over the sides! So, after a bit of creative language, I poured it into a 2nd greased pan, let it rise just till it was about an inch from the top of the pan, then popped it in the oven. As I expected, it continued to rise in the oven, and crested beautifully about 1/2 inch above the pan. Oh. . . the simple pleasures of life.

It is soooooo fabulous (at least compared to anything else GF I've tried, with or without eggs and dairy). It will be fabulous for toast tomorrow. I think I will use the special yummy 'spread' I made for my dear allergyhead:

1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup clarified butter
mix them all together (might need to heat it to mix completely) and store in a pint jar in the fridge.

I use this interchangeably w/ plain butter in baked items that call for using chilled butter (anytime you need to cut it in, or such). I realize there is a chance of dairy contamination w/ clarified butter, but every once in a while we just need a little butter taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment