Saturday, June 20, 2009

Menu Plan

So, one of the hardest thing about being Everything-free is figuring out what you are going to eat. I do it weekly to keep w/in my budget. Here it is for this week:

Saturday:
B: Rice Pancakes, Sausage, Smoothies
L: Sandwiches and Bananas
D: Vegan Mac & Cheese http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2007/12/cheesy-uncheese.html (Hubs and I are going out)

Sunday:
B: Daddy is cooking (meaning pancakes, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns. daddy loves breakfast)
UPDATE: I think we might try these: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2008/10/pumpkin-waffles.html
Yes, I love Karina. I just realized that the recipes listed on the right of her blog are just a 'selection' not ALL her recipes. She has TONS of recipes I didn't realize were there! I've been browsing for 2 1/2 hours!
L: Probably leftover Mac & Chz
D: Father's Day! Steak, Oven fries, Salad, and that Fab ice cream cake I mentioned before.

Monday:
B: probably pancakes, etc again. And strawberries.
L: left-over Moroccan Chicken Soup (in the freezer). Probably bananas or grapes too.
D: Enchiladas w/ homemade enchilada sauce, ground beef & onion. topped w/ guacamole.
using Karina's wrap recipe: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2009/06/gluten-free-millet-buckwheat-wraps.html

Tuesday:
B: again, probably pancakes. and fresh strawberries. I miss oatmeal!
L: Sandwich wraps w/ leftover guacamole, turkey, and lettuce, grapes
D: Shrimp, Asparagus, & Pesto Fettucini (I'll post the recipe later)

Wednesday:
B: I think I'll make a batch of Karina's English Muffins and we'll do breakfast sandwiches
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2009/04/gluten-free-english-muffins.html
L: Almond butter balls, grapes, carrots
D: Vegetable Korma & Quinoa

Thursday:
B: Leftover english muffin sandwiches I hope!
L: I'm making sushi for me... not sure about the girls.
D: Pasta w/ Tomato Sauce & Breadsticks (If the breadsticks turn out, I'll post the recipe)

Friday:
B: Daddy goes to work early today, so we can do Smoothies and maybe a batch of banana muffins.
L: the girls are at the babysitters, which means Mac&Chz/sushi for me again!
D: Quinoa, Sweet Potato, and Spinach 'salad'

We do smoothies everyday. Our recipe is:

4-5 frozen strawberries
1/4 cup whole milk or coconut or almond milk
1 tbs frozen OJ concentrate
blended up in a Magic Bullet (honestly the best kitchen appliance you can own, except maybe a VitaMix, which I can't afford!)

BellyButton is on a BUNCH of supplements right now to try to get her healthy (it seems to be working, she hasn't been sick in 5 weeks!) So, to her smoothie I add

1 T fish oil
1/2 tsp probiotic
1000 IU vitamin D
1 scoop UltraCare for kids (a supplement for kids w/ food allergies to make sure they are getting their nutrients)

She also gets three calcium 'gummi bears', 4 Quercetin pills, and 2 Vitamin C tablets a day. She loves it. She thinks they are as good as candy. She begs for more 'medicine bears'. It kinda makes me sad to have her on all this artificial 'goodness', but I know that it is doing its job.

No comments:

Post a Comment