Friday, June 19, 2009

facing the plunge....

Today I finally decided it was time to venture into the arena of bread. So, over to Karina's Kitchen I headed. I love Karina. She doesn't even know I exist, but I love her. Why?? Because just a couple days ago as I spent an entire afternoon thinking about how I inevitably would need to create a wrap/tortilla recipe, Karina apparently was one step ahead. And after I spent a couple hours online gathering ingredient ideas, I headed over to glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com, and realized that she had just posted a NUMMY looking recipe that was exactly what I was trying to create. I LOVE her.

Anyhow, yesterday I decided to make bread. It only made sense to turn to Karina. So, I went here:
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2009/02/delicious-gluten-free-bread.html

And read 83 comments.

And then thought that maybe I would wait one more day.

And this morning I thought maybe I would wait until this afternoon.

And this afternoon I decided to make two kinds of Vegan Ice Cream first (yes, I will post about that later, strawberry and carmelized banana in case you are curious).

Then, finally, I couldn't put it off anymore.
I pulled out my breadmaker. Washed all the gluten out, the best I could. And very quickly assembled all the necessary ingredients.
Right now my bread is in the breadmaker. It still hasn't started mixing. I'm starting to wonder why. . . I wander over there, push a couple buttons. . . still no mixing. I'll give it a couple more minutes. Then I'll get worried. But for now, I'm content in the fact that tomorrow I can make sandwiches to bring on our Saturday morning Farmer's Market adventure. Because knowing Karina (and judging by the 83 comments) it's very likely this bread will be fabulous!
(I hear my bread machine starting, whew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment