Monday, June 22, 2009

GF Wraps, take 1

Today I tried making Karina's Buckwheat & Millet wraps.


. Sorry, but I wasn't impressed. They taste fine (a bit oily) but they are not an appetizing color or texture. I doubt if BellyButton will eat them. We'll give it a try. . .

I did use a couple to make Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas for dinner tonight. Here is the recipe (as close as I can remember)

1 onion, diced
3 gloves garlic, minced
sprinkle of oregano, cumin, & cayenne
1/4 salsa
1 cup diced, cooked chicken
1 cup cooked black beans
5 corn tortillas, 4 buckweat & millet wraps

Saute the onion and garlic in a bit of oil, mix in the spices. Add the salsa, chicken, and beans heat thru. heat the tortillas to soften, roll the mixture up inside, place in a greased baking dish (seperate dishes for the corn and buckwheat). Top with a half cup of enchilada sauce (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Best-Red-Enchilada-Sauce/Detail.aspx substitute olive oil for the corn oil). I sprinkled the corn tortillas w/ a little PepperJack cheese, since they weren't for my allergy head.

We are topping them w/ homemade guacamole and sour cream (except BellyButton, sad as 'cream' used to be her favorite!).

Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment